What is a Solar Collector?

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
kamala
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: pump

Postby kamala » Wed 23 Jun, 2010 02:21

The solar collector is the device used to collect all that energy from the sun so it can be transported to your pool water. These collectors are typically placed on the roof of your home, but they can be installed anywhere that they will receive a lot of sun. In cases where the roof of the home doesn't offer sufficient sun exposure, the solar collector may be installed on the ground or on a rack to reap the full benefits of the sun's rays. The size of the collector will be determined by how much sun it will get and the size of your pool. Specific calculations should be used to determine the precise size of the collector that will bring you the greatest benef

lbridges
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro
My Pool: Geometric 16K gal shotcrete w/exposed aggregate; Pentair EasyTouch w/wireless, 2 Intellibrites, VS-3050 pump, C&C 200 Filter, IC-40 SWG; Heliocol solar. Rocky's reel

Postby lbridges » Wed 23 Jun, 2010 08:08

Search on the net for FAFCO or Heliocol. There are many other brands, but either of those will serve the purpose of pictorially and textually describing a solar collector.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”