IC20 Intellichlor

SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
Ktown

IC20 Intellichlor

Postby Ktown » Tue 29 Jun, 2010 13:08

Hello,

I had a IC20 salt generator installed with my new pool and have been struggling to get enough free chlorine produced for my 75000L pool. I used a salt generator on my above ground pool last year and when it operated I could see gas bubbles in the return flow back into the pool when the generator was producing chlorine. With the Pentair IC20 I am not seeing any gas bubbles in the return flow into the pool when it is set to 100% with the exception of one time. During the one period of time I could see gas bubbles in the return flow I could hear the IC20 working aggressively.

My question: What is normal?

1) no gas bubbles in the return flow into the pool and I can not hear the IC20 working ( bubbling ) unless I put my ear to it.

or

2) gas bubbles visible in the return flowi nto the pool and I can hear the IC20 working while standing beside it.

Thank you in advance for answers.

Regards,

Dean

lbridges
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro
My Pool: Geometric 16K gal shotcrete w/exposed aggregate; Pentair EasyTouch w/wireless, 2 Intellibrites, VS-3050 pump, C&C 200 Filter, IC-40 SWG; Heliocol solar. Rocky's reel

IC20 Intellichlor

Postby lbridges » Tue 29 Jun, 2010 14:35

I see gas bubbles from time to time using my Intellichlor IC-40.

Please excuse me if this is too obvious, but what is the assigned duty cycle? If, for example, it's set to be on 25% as is mine, you would need to only look during the "on" portion of the cycle.

As an aside, IC-20 may be undersized for your pool. Of course that depends on indoor/outdoor, full/partial sun, etc.

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”