Cloudy milky pool husband wants to close!

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
marly

Postby marly » Thu 08 Jul, 2010 19:03

Hi, we have owned our pool for 5 years and this is the first year we have had any problems. We have a inground liner pool 33ft by 17 by 25ft, (its a lagoon style) it was clear when we first opened it but after some bad weather where we didn't go in, too much chlorine so i didn't put in any in a few days, put in some balance for ph it got all cloudy, after that chlorine level was down so i put shock in and cloudiness still stayed so we have cleaned filter, back washed, and then put in floc clarifier and its not working and pool people say because its so hot today, my husband is blowing a gasket!!!

Now they say to manually vacuum and put on waste and do this many times to clear it all. Meanwhile this was our week with the grandkids to have them swim and no one can!!!

Has anyone gone thru all this and give me hope?? Husband wants to close pool now but they say we can't because of the heat (i am glad i love my pool when its clean that is!)

poolgranny
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby poolgranny » Thu 15 Jul, 2010 08:20

Have you tested your water? What are your numbers. I won't be of much help, but others more knowledgeable will want to know.

I know our pool was cloudy and I had to adjust the chemicals in it in order to get it to clear up.
Above ground pool
12,000 gallons

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”