Starter Chemicals after pool resurfacing

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
el scorcho
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: In ground pool. just replastered... 18,000ish gallons..

Postby el scorcho » Fri 16 Jul, 2010 10:38

Greetings- The resurfacing of my pool will be complete today. I know that I need to add starter chemicals and that they cost between $100-150. The contractor that is resurfacing my pool referred me to a service that will add the chemicals, and come back every day for a week checking the water, adding what is necessary, etc. The cost for this service is $300-350.

Is it worth it to have the guy come and do it or is it easy enough that I can do it myself?

Thanks in advance!

Chris

lbridges
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro
My Pool: Geometric 16K gal shotcrete w/exposed aggregate; Pentair EasyTouch w/wireless, 2 Intellibrites, VS-3050 pump, C&C 200 Filter, IC-40 SWG; Heliocol solar. Rocky's reel

Postby lbridges » Fri 16 Jul, 2010 13:17

The company that made the product they used to refinish should have something that explains how to treat the surface. Read that and you should be able to judge the difficulty.

For example (if for some reason you can't find it for your particular finish), my pool's finish is from a company called premix-marbletite. Their start-up procedure is online at http://www.premixmarbletite.com/sitebui ... edures.pdf

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”