worn or broken pool parts
apacheizm23
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Grande Milano 15x52 Beaded Boulder tile liner
EC30 Filter system w base complete.

Any Tips on Maintenance,cleaning and using a Hayward EC-30

Postby apacheizm23 » Mon 26 Jul, 2010 06:24

Hello everyone I am new on the forum this is my first thread up and any help would be greatly appreciated. I am constantly hearing my girlfriend talk to me about her pool. I am not available to be there most of the time to help her and honestly don't know 2 much about pool maintenance either. Any Tips on Maintenance,cleaning and using a Hayward EC-30 above ground filter system for a Grande Milano 15x52 pool, again would be very much appreciated.

floridapooltech
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: License # CPO34-283076

Postby floridapooltech » Wed 28 Jul, 2010 10:09

The Perflex EC-30 "bump" style filter is a relatively easy D.E. filter to maintain. Simple backwashing alone will only clear off approx. 90% of the used D.E. off the fingers. Every 6 months or so, it would be a good habit to take the filter apart and hose down the fingers manually to ensure all used D.E. is off the grids. This task can be much easier if you were to switch to perlite http://www.swimnsaveusa.com/aquaperl.html instead (a paper substance) that requires half as much as D.E., and filters with better pressure efficiency and cleaner water. While you have the filter apart, it may be a good ideal to check each finger for tears, as this will allow contaminants back into the pool defeating the filter's purpose.
apacheizm23
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Grande Milano 15x52 Beaded Boulder tile liner
EC30 Filter system w base complete.

Postby apacheizm23 » Mon 16 Aug, 2010 00:55

Thank you swimnsaveusa I appreciate the tip. Going to buy the take the filter apart and check for the tears and clean the fingers as you stated. Also will buy the Perlite. Thanx again for the reply.
floridapooltech
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: License # CPO34-283076

Postby floridapooltech » Mon 16 Aug, 2010 01:19

apacheizm23 wrote:Thank you swimnsaveusa I appreciate the tip. Going to buy the take the filter apart and check for the tears and clean the fingers as you stated. Also will buy the Perlite. Thanx again for the reply.

You are welcome. Let us know if we can assist you in any way!

Return to “Routine Pool Cleaning & Maintenance”