ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
pj101
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 16' x 42" itntex frame pool 500 gal
intex 8111 chlorine generator pump combo

Swg 8111 Error Code 90 - Low / No Flow

Postby pj101 » Wed 11 Aug, 2010 13:15

HI! I have a model 8111 SWG. It is a pump/filter/swg unit. It has worked great for 3 years. This season I get code 90. I have disassembled cleaned /inspected EVERYTHING, including the inlet (cross-hairs) at the pump , so don't ask! :) . I have excellent, full flow at the outlet and 100% no trapped air.

It is evident the FLOW SENSOR is dead. I've checked it with an OHM meter and get 'open circuit' with the paddle in contact or not. I even tried to 'trick' it with a rare-earth magnet, but same scene, no continuity. INTEX CA gives me the run-around about "no stock, check in 2 weeks"...that was in JUNE, now they say end of August but algae does not sleep. As they are out of stock of such a key component, that means that more people than just me are having this problem. As I get the code 90, Intex says that chlorine will not be generated, confirmed because my titanium cell plates have no build-up on them.

Does anybody KNOW FOR SURE if I can bypass the dead flow sensor (ie: jumper lead) to re-connect the circuit of the flow sensor, and NOT damage the control unit? I do not want to experiment, and burn out the control head.

Thanks

Peter

floridapooltech
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: License # CPO34-283076

Postby floridapooltech » Wed 11 Aug, 2010 14:30

pj101 wrote:HI! I have a model 8111 SWG. It is a pump/filter/swg unit. It has worked great for 3 years. This season I get code 90. I have disassembled cleaned /inspected EVERYTHING, including the inlet (cross-hairs) at the pump , so don't ask! :) . I have excellent, full flow at the outlet and 100% no trapped air.

It is evident the FLOW SENSOR is dead. I've checked it with an OHM meter and get 'open circuit' with the paddle in contact or not. I even tried to 'trick' it with a rare-earth magnet, but same scene, no continuity. INTEX CA gives me the run-around about "no stock, check in 2 weeks"...that was in JUNE, now they say end of August but algae does not sleep. As they are out of stock of such a key component, that means that more people than just me are having this problem. As I get the code 90, Intex says that chlorine will not be generated, confirmed because my titanium cell plates have no build-up on them.

Does anybody KNOW FOR SURE if I can bypass the dead flow sensor (ie: jumper lead) to re-connect the circuit of the flow sensor, and NOT damage the control unit? I do not want to experiment, and burn out the control head.

Thanks

Peter

you can always temporarily use a chlorine floater or liquid chlorine in your pool until they can get you the replacement part. This will not damage the salt system at all. Many pool owners still keep their chlorinators attached as a backup after they switch to salt and commercial pools are required to do so. When you do get the part, you simply stop using the chlorine and switch back to salt as you normally did.
pj101
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 16' x 42" itntex frame pool 500 gal
intex 8111 chlorine generator pump combo

Postby pj101 » Wed 11 Aug, 2010 20:46

Hi!

Thanks for that. Have been chlorinating manually after the water started to turn......but changing into old clothes to do so! Have the swg system, just want to get it working again and tired of Intex's run-around.

Thanks for the post!

P
floridapooltech
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: License # CPO34-283076

Postby floridapooltech » Wed 11 Aug, 2010 21:02

pj101 wrote:Hi!

Thanks for that. Have been chlorinating manually after the water started to turn......but changing into old clothes to do so! Have the swg system, just want to get it working again and tired of Intex's run-around.

Thanks for the post!

P

Have you possibly thought about getting a SWG system made by one of the well known manufacturers to ensure you don't get this "runaround" again in the future? I hate to sound like were advertising on here, because I don't want to (for respect reasons), but we do have some deals that may rival with the repair costs Intex may be charging you or will in the near future?

EDIT: disregard, I just researched the intex system and noticed your pool is 500 gals, so there really isn't a need for the systems I was referring to.

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”