living things in my pool

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.
cheryl

living things in my pool

Postby cheryl » Thu 15 Jun, 2006 22:30

There are little brown worm like creatures swirling around in my pool, and there are also some other swimming creatures in the water.
These other things are wider at one end than the other and swim up to the surface and quickly back down again. There are very fast swimmers. They are light in color and attracted to my pool light i think.
I am so stressed out about it I feel like i'm gonna have a nervous breakdown. On top on the wierd stuff, my pool is cloudy and has tons of particles floating in it. :(
HELP!!!!!

Re: living things in my pool

Postby Guest » Wed 23 Aug, 2006 13:06

cheryl wrote:There are little brown worm like creatures swirling around in my pool, and there are also some other swimming creatures in the water.
These other things are wider at one end than the other and swim up to the surface and quickly back down again. There are very fast swimmers. They are light in color and attracted to my pool light i think.
I am so stressed out about it I feel like i'm gonna have a nervous breakdown. On top on the wierd stuff, my pool is cloudy and has tons of particles floating in it. :(
HELP!!!!!

:roll: There could be a few reasons for the bugs and cloudy water. Your chlorine levels are too low. 1-3ppm is normal and best for both total and free levels. check your stabilizer, not enough will allow the sun to take your chlorine as fast as you put it in. You may have phosphates. have this checked at your local pool store. Not enough algaecide or none at all. You could also try a floculant ot make the bugs heavier then the water so they will drown and you can vacuum them up

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”