Pool Vacuum, Brush and Skimmer

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
lifey8

Postby lifey8 » Fri 13 Aug, 2010 16:40

I am thinking about taking over pool maintance on our swimming pool. I need to buy the following equipment: vacuum, brush and skimmer. What are the best brands to buy and do you have suggestions for websites or catalogs to buy these items from? Thanks!

floridapooltech
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: License # CPO34-283076

Postby floridapooltech » Fri 13 Aug, 2010 17:05

lifey8 wrote:I am thinking about taking over pool maintance on our swimming pool. I need to buy the following equipment: vacuum, brush and skimmer. What are the best brands to buy and do you have suggestions for websites or catalogs to buy these items from? Thanks!

You can check us out as we actually sell these products at HERE. Let us know if you need any more information on maintaining your pool!

Regarding the type of equipment, this really depends on your pool's finish.

If you have a concrete pool ie: marcite, pebbletec, quartz, etc... you will need the vacuum with wheels, not brushes around it, a combination brush is the best, however you can get away with just a simple nylon brush, and the skimmer doesn't matter.

vinyl or fiberglass pools, you would need a vacuum with brushes instead of wheels so you don't damage the surface, a nylon brush would work for fiberglass, you need to be careful with any brushes on vinyl, and same for a skimmer (doesn't change).

You may also want to look into getting a test kit so you know what your water chemistry is, and also an automatic pool cleaner definitely makes things a lot easier!

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”