Blisters on fiberglass

Tile, mosaic, marbelite, Marcite, Marblesheen,
fiberglass, plaster, shotcrete, paint, epoxy coatings.
Use, care and repair of the various surfaces.
robinixie
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Blisters on fiberglass

Postby robinixie » Tue 31 Aug, 2010 19:29

Anyone have an issue w/blistering or bubbles on fiberglass surface? I have a 16 inch long by 6 inch wide strip of uneven "humps" going on about a foot around main drain in deep end?!? I googled this problem and found that gel coat in fiberglass needs to be redone every 17-20 years. I had no clue this would be possible. Has anyone ever heard of this or had this happen? I am scared to death to drain, for fear of cracking or shifting. I understand that the area needs to be sanded and resealed (which will always be seen). Should I have the whole thing resurfaced while I am empty? Do I ask for a contract so I can be sure that the company can insure me that I won't have future problems w/ cracks or leakage? Lastly, I suppose I don't need any closing chemicals since I will be draining dry in the spring. I appreciate any input on this matter & thanks. :(

robinixie
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Blisters on fiberglass

Postby robinixie » Wed 08 Sep, 2010 20:02

Just checking...and hoping someone might have a comment on my issues. I am closing in 2 days and don't want to spend the winter wondering what to expect when I peel the cover off in the spring, Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Return to “Pool Surface Discussions”