Salt Residue

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
all4him
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Salt Residue

Postby all4him » Fri 16 Jun, 2006 09:46

I have a salt system for my pool to generate chlorine. When the pool was first filled there was too much salt added to the system. The reading was between 3500-3700 ppm. It is gradually coming down but had a question until it gets to the propr level 3100 ppm.

The tile around the waters edge gets a salt film on it. What could I use to clean this off or put in the water that will remove it?

Postby Guest » Wed 21 Jun, 2006 19:21

It may be calcium buildup, are you using any sort of stain preventer/metal remover? If not I recommend Jacks Purple once a month. Try using a pummis stone on the tile. Its softer then the tile and will not scratch it.
Walter
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby Walter » Fri 07 Jul, 2006 09:04

If we have a high salt we drain and fill the pool over a period to try and get it the max level. Also it does sound like calcium build up, we wash the tiles everyweek to prevent this because it is a beast to get off once on.
We are a custom pool and spa builder. We can only offer suggestions with the information given. Don't hesitate to email me if you have a questions and I will answer it as best as I can or point you in the right direction.
all4him
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby all4him » Thu 20 Jul, 2006 12:53

Yes I put a bottle of stain/metal remover in a it seamed to help. How often should I put something like this in?

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”