Clog (towel) in skimmer drain

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
delgadm
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: In ground pool with spillover spa
Jandy system
Stay Rite Filtration
Nature 2 system

Postby delgadm » Wed 01 Sep, 2010 13:04

A hand towel was sucked into our skimmer drain and we've tried the electrical snakes (from the skimmer side and the filter side) and it seems to be caught closer to the drain by the filters. We've taken the jandy actuator off and tried to pull it from that side, however, the elbows on the pvc make it difficult to get to it.
Any suggestions on how to get the towel out? We have an underground pool and the towel is approx. 30 feet from the skimmer.

Thank you.

stuck

Postby stuck » Tue 14 Sep, 2010 08:50

You could try applying a vacuum to the pool side of the clog to pull the towel back to the skimmer. Make sure the pool pump is off; attach a shop vac to the skimmer pipe(get a good seal). May do the trick?
delgadm
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: In ground pool with spillover spa
Jandy system
Stay Rite Filtration
Nature 2 system

Postby delgadm » Tue 14 Sep, 2010 09:29

Thank you very much for your reply. We tried to vacuum it through the skimmer and through the other end of the pvc pipe. However, we made the mistake of trying to vacuum it from the incorrect pvc pipe. We didn't realize that pipe was connected to the spill over spa. Once our pool mechanic came out, he was able to get the towel out of the correct pvc pipe almost instantly. Thank goodness it wasn't worse.
Have a nice day,
MD
mikepgh777

Postby mikepgh777 » Mon 23 May, 2011 16:53

How did he get it out?

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”