$33 Polaris bag

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
dalehileman

$33 Polaris bag

Postby dalehileman » Tue 07 Sep, 2010 16:20

After having replaced my Polaris 380 bag several times at a cost of $33 each I determined to fabricate an alternative. Fortuitously its assembly base is made in 2 parts that you can separate with a little difficulty then experiment with all sorts other of common household receptacles. A sock of various kinds didn't work very well, would pull loose or breach within a short time while its floppiness caused it to catch between wheel and body. A typical vegetable bag of the sort from your supermarket proved longer lasting but the weave was too coarse, releasing the smaller particles.

Finally my Better Half suggested rug non-slip padding, easily sewing me one in flat profile much like the Polaris. Owing to its rubberized finish it doesn't slip loose while it has since survived since Aug 2 with no apparent damage nor being stiffer has it got caught as the sock above. Furthermore it's available in many weaves to suit your requirements

dalehileman

$33 Polaris bag

Postby dalehileman » Wed 08 Sep, 2010 10:39

I should have noted a requirement to mount the new bag relative to its base in the same rectilinear plane as the original lest acting as a rudder it steers the sweeper in circles
Pool Clown
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard
My Pool: Uses a Chlorine generator, not a Salt Water Generator (SWG).

$33 Polaris bag

Postby Pool Clown » Tue 28 Sep, 2010 07:47

Keep pushing those home brew bags Dale...
Factory warranty service for Pentair, Jandy, Raypak, Polaris, and Paramount pool cleaning systems.
dalehileman

$33 Polaris bag

Postby dalehileman » Tue 28 Sep, 2010 09:27

Thank you Clown for that suggestion, I'll look into it
Dave_09
I'm new here
I'm new here

$33 Polaris bag

Postby Dave_09 » Fri 30 May, 2014 04:21

Thanks for sharing. I replaced my fabric wallet with a leather Tory Burch wallet last month. I love its brand smell, soft touch, color and discounted price that I got at tradesy.com.

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”