worn or broken pool parts
anjinsan
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 18000g Concrete pool

Filter issue

Postby anjinsan » Thu 23 Sep, 2010 21:02

1. setup:
I got an 18000g concrete pool with attached spa. I run a brand new 1.5 HP pump and have a cartridge filter.
2. Problem:
A while ago I noticed that when I am cleaning the pool all debris is caught in the filter except the algae. So I tough that I might have an issue with my filter cartridge. I got myself a new cartridge and found that I still don't get the algae cleaned out. All algae lands in my spa.
Where could the problem be?

Thanks for your help

AD

duraleigh
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard
My Pool: 24X52 DIY Concrete and liner

Filter issue

Postby duraleigh » Thu 23 Sep, 2010 21:15

It's a fairly common misconception but there is no filter on the face of the earth that will filter out live algae. It may filter some but algae is a living organism that simply continues to reproduce in your pool.

Chlorine kills algae. Correct use of chlorine in your pool will kill all the algae and THEN the filter can filter out the dead "carcasses" and your pool will be sparkling.
24x52 DIY concrete block and liner
1.5HP pump 925lb sand filter
http://www.tftestkits.net
anjinsan
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 18000g Concrete pool

Filter issue

Postby anjinsan » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 21:11

Maybe I have not been clear in my explanation. What happens is, that when I vacuum the pool, everything I suck up with the hose in the pool will land in my spa. It is as the isn't a filter installed at all. And this is where I got stuck. My question now is...could this be the filter container or is there any other explanation for this/

Thanks

Andreas

Return to “Routine Pool Cleaning & Maintenance”