Pool overflow question

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
Crazy Neighbor

Pool overflow question

Postby Crazy Neighbor » Sat 25 Sep, 2010 17:24

Hello, I don't own a pool but my seriously disturbed neighbor does. We have had torrential rains. He is not living at the house with the pool but it hasn't overflowed (it should have). Does he have an overflow valve and would it be the normal backwash hose (which has had diverted underground to our property) be taking up the overflow?

floridapooltech
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: License # CPO34-283076

Pool overflow question

Postby floridapooltech » Sun 26 Sep, 2010 19:28

Crazy Neighbor wrote:Hello, I don't own a pool but my seriously disturbed neighbor does. We have had torrential rains. He is not living at the house with the pool but it hasn't overflowed (it should have). Does he have an overflow valve and would it be the normal backwash hose (which has had diverted underground to our property) be taking up the overflow?

It's hard to tell if this is a question. Are you asking if he would have an automatic overflow valve, also, you think he has a backwash hose pointed at your property underground? As far as I know the only way to lower the water level is to manually "waste" or "backwash" the system. Also, if he does have a pipe aimed at your property, is it actually physically in your property, or just aimed your way? Only one would give a legal ground for him to cease that operation.

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”