Test kit for salted pool

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.
Sophiagirl
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Jandy salted swimming pool (size: 16ft x35ft ) with a spa (7.6ft x6 ft)
Inground pool ; Shape: Oval,
Filter is DE filter

Test kit for salted pool

Postby Sophiagirl » Thu 14 Oct, 2010 16:19

I would like to buy a test kit for my salted pool, which one is good? Also , i want to buy a cover for my pool , but my pool is elliptical with a rectangle spa, the spa 's siz is 7.6 ft x 6 ft and the pool 's size is 16ft x 35ft.

thanks! :crazy:

lbridges
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro
My Pool: Geometric 16K gal shotcrete w/exposed aggregate; Pentair EasyTouch w/wireless, 2 Intellibrites, VS-3050 pump, C&C 200 Filter, IC-40 SWG; Heliocol solar. Rocky's reel

Test kit for salted pool

Postby lbridges » Thu 14 Oct, 2010 16:32

The best home owner test kits (IMO) are either the Taylor K-2006 or the TF100. The TF100 is usually slightly cheaper when the price per test factor is considered. The Taylor kit is available from multiple sources and maybe even in your area.

To that add the Taylor K-1766 salt test. The salt test strips are sometimes accurate, sometimes not - which means worthless to me.
swimfit
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Test kit for salted pool

Postby swimfit » Tue 05 Apr, 2011 03:05

lbridges wrote:The best home owner test kits (IMO) are either the Taylor K-2006 or the TF100. The TF100 is usually slightly cheaper when the price per test factor is considered. The Taylor kit is available from multiple sources and maybe even in your area.

To that add the Taylor K-1766 salt test. The salt test strips are sometimes accurate, sometimes not - which means worthless to me.

i agree with lbridges. It is not worth investing in salt test strips for the results are not cent percent accurate.
paulbest
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Re: Test kit for salted pool

Postby paulbest » Tue 16 Aug, 2016 22:29

A salt water test kit designed specifically for analyzing pool chemistry will help you monitor the salt concentration and chemistry of your pool. A good quality kit will take the guesswork out of maintaining your pool and prevent over treating that can be both costly and dangerous. If your salt water system does not have an automated chemistry controller we recommend testing and balancing on a weekly basis to ensure the health of your pool.

TAYLOR TECHNOLOGIES INC K-1766 DROP TEST CHLORIDE SALT WATER, beside that it has a high rating, as per review, it also has an accurate result. moreover, it take less than a minute and easy to tell when you reach end point.

To use the Taylor kit you put 10 ml of pool water in the sample tube, then add one drop of the chromate indicator. Then add drops of the silver nitrate indicator, counting each drop and swirling the mixture. When the mixture goes from a creamy white to a salmon pink, multiply the number of drops that you added by 200 to get your ppm of salt. For example if you added 18 drops to turn the mixture from white to pink, then your salinity is 3600 ppm.

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”