SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
Bob1250
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 20,000 gal. in-ground, salt

Clormatic Cm601 Error Code 115

Postby Bob1250 » Wed 27 Oct, 2010 00:57

The display on my Clormatic II CM601 display indicated "no flow" so I replaced the flow sensor. When I powered up the unit with the new sensor installed I got error code 115, flow sensor not heating. Thoughts? Is this the back board?

Thanks in advance

GuruOfPools
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Expert Pool Expert.

Clormatic Cm601 Error Code 115

Postby GuruOfPools » Wed 27 Oct, 2010 13:04

It sounds as though you have a bad flow sensor. Even though it is new by the code it would indicate it is bad. Code 115 tells us that the heated sensor is not heating. The possible causes of this condition are:

1-Bad Flow Sensor

2-Bad backboard

Since the backboard seemed to be working before the last sensor failed I would tend to believe the new flow sensor is bad. I would contact whomever you purchased the sensor from and ask to exchange it for a new sensor. The manufacture only offers a 90 day warranty on their parts so don't delay. However you did not indicate which type of sensor you are using if it is the old style (threaded) or the new style (flanged). We have had some problems with the new style flow sensors and Clormatic 2's and we are trying to determine if it is a compatibility issue or some other issue. Right now it our results are inconclusive.

The Guru of Pools at Discount Pool Warehouse.com

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”