sucking air

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.
sallys
I'm new here
I'm new here

sucking air

Postby sallys » Tue 07 Jun, 2005 10:42

I have a 12k gal. fiberglass pool (old) with baker-hydro filter (old) and hayward pump(2 yrs old). I was cleaning the pool for opening (everything working well), than all of a sudden having problems with getting prime and keeping it. I replaced the o ring in pump and ucup ring in the filter. When I do get the prime it is normal pressure however still blowing a lot of air out. The only thing I have not replaced is the gasket in the control plate. The water level is correct so not that problem. The lines are pvc underground. Any suggestions? Going crazy!!!

ahab

sucking air

Postby ahab » Fri 24 Jun, 2005 13:56

check the pressure is staying static on the gauge(not bouncing up and down) you really need a pressure test for a positive answer, but i would check your filter, and all connections to and from. you have air bubbles in the pump? check the glass , you should have nearly none. assuming there is no bubbling there, the next step is the filter and the jet itself. good luck. its about $75 for a pressure test from a pool shop- in Ontario anyway.
diy

Sucking air

Postby diy » Fri 22 May, 2009 02:06

what does it mean if there are bubbles in the pump cover and bad pressure for circulation? thanks
mr_clean
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Sucking air

Postby mr_clean » Sun 24 May, 2009 11:16

I have a 12k gal. fiberglass pool (old) with baker-hydro filter (old) and hayward pump(2 yrs old). I was cleaning the pool for opening (everything working well), than all of a sudden having problems with getting prime and keeping it. I replaced the o ring in pump and ucup ring in the filter. When I do get the prime it is normal pressure however still blowing a lot of air out. The only thing I have not replaced is the gasket in the control plate. The water level is correct so not that problem. The lines are pvc underground. Any suggestions? Going crazy!!!

if your equipment was working great before you started to vac-pool you can check a few things.

does your pool still not prime correct when vac-hose is unplugged?
If so, buy new vac-hose.

is there enough water in pool so skimmer does not suck air?
some hoses will be out of water if skimmer is not deep enough or water is low sucking air.

if pool does not fully prime when vac-hose is unplugged it would be a leak on suction side of pump, if o-rings at filter where bad they would leak water.

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”