brushing, filter care, filter cleaning, replacing
worn or broken pool parts
Erin
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 27000 gal in ground pool with pentair nautilus 48 sqft DE filter

High pressure within an hour! Help!

Postby Erin » Fri 10 Apr, 2020 16:06

We are at our wits end!  We have a Pentair Nautilus DE filter and can't get it to run for more than at most an hour and a half before the pressure is up to at least 30.  We have opened it up and washed down filter grids and re-DE'd it more times than we can count.  We finally broke down and replaced the whole manifold and all grids with almost no change.  The new grids did help with the amount of suction in the skimmers but still only lasted for about an hour.  We started with a really green pool and have shocked it, green to cleaned and clear aid'd it but with this limited run time we are only getting so far. The clarity has greatly improved but we are making no headway with the pressure issue.  Anyone have any other suggestions??  We are having no issues with air in the lines and all the return values are blowing great when we first start it up so we don't think we have any blockages.  Also it's a 48sqft filter and we are adding 5 lbs of DE to a new clean grid system so the amount of DE shouldn't be our problem either.  HELP!!

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: High pressure within an hour! Help!

Postby Denniswiseman » Sat 11 Apr, 2020 02:54

Obviously the filter is doing it's job and removing the dead algae
You say you shocked the pool did you Slam (Shock Level and Maintain) With relation to the Chlorine / CYA Chart and Recommended Pool Levels

Return to “Routine Pool Cleaning & Maintenance”