Adding chemicals, vacuuming, backwashing,
brushing, filter care, filter cleaning, replacing
worn or broken pool parts
mariannecc
I'm new here
I'm new here

Dirt coming through jets when on waste

Postby mariannecc » Thu 16 Jul, 2020 08:59

We just renovated our backyard so there was a lot of construction dust etc that ended up in the pool. I quickly realized that no amount of vacuuming was going to remove it, as it kept settling on the bottom every day. I was told to add Power Floc which helped to create larger clumps. So started to vacuum it up on waste and then noticed that dust/dirt was still coming out of the jets while I was vacuuming on waste. I thought that nothing was supposed to come out of the jets while doing this. Am I wrong? Is there something I can do to prevent this. I have repeated this process about 5 times in the last few days. Pool is still dirty. I am so frustrated. HELP!!!

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Dirt coming through jets when on waste

Postby Denniswiseman » Fri 17 Jul, 2020 02:00

Your spider gasket is faulty in your MPV
swimjen
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: In ground fibreglass, Saltwater, 10m x 4m, Sand filter, pumps??? (no idea!)

Re: Dirt coming through jets when on waste

Postby swimjen » Sun 22 Nov, 2020 03:32

Sorry if this is not the correct place for my question.
I could not see anywhere on this forum site that clearly said 'Post'
I am having exactly the same problem with brown water coming through the filter jets into the pool... I have only just worked it out as I have been manually vacuuming every 2nd day over last fortnight and wondering why the brown layer on the floor, steps and ledges kept returning. Water seems ok...have done a water test at local hardware store: had to add 5ky of Buffer and a Shock treatment...that is all it needed.
After only just noticing the brown water coming through filter jets, I turned off the pool and turned handle to 'backwash' and turned pool back on. I thought the clear canister was supposed to fill up with water whilst backwashing... and that I was to watch it till it clears = backwash done. I noticed that the 'clear canister' didn't even half fill up whilst backwashing and even more surprising was that the water was clear???.... I would really appreciate anyone's input

Return to “Routine Pool Cleaning & Maintenance”