Best type of pool cleaner for long thin lap pool

Adding chemicals, vacuuming, backwashing,
brushing, filter care, filter cleaning, replacing
worn or broken pool parts
Joffieb
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 12.5m x 2m x 1.2m deep, lap pool.

Best type of pool cleaner for long thin lap pool

Postby Joffieb » Sun 17 Jan, 2021 04:27

Hi All,

Looking to find out what the best style pool cleaner would suit my pool. It is 12.5 m x 2 m wide and 1.2 m deep. We currently have a creepy Crawley old style cleaner but it doesn’t reach everywhere and sometimes turns on its back.

Thanks,

Joffie

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Best type of pool cleaner for long thin lap pool

Postby Teapot » Mon 18 Jan, 2021 02:38

A manual cleaner, much lower cost, doesnt miss bits and is often quicker when you take into account the cleanup and storage.
Sold m
PeterBr
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: The pool is a curved kidney shape with a small circular pool attached which overflows into the pool when the pump is on.
It's capacity is 40k litres.
It has a crystal clear EC2000 chlorinator and a cartridge type filter.
The pool finish is pebble over concrete and it is outdoor-not under any cover and there is no portabletype pool cover. The pump is a Speck eco pro 2 speed

Postby PeterBr » Wed 03 Feb, 2021 21:31

I am a new member and rather than start a new post I have decided to tack my issue on to this topic.
I have a creepy crawly left to me by the previous owner of the house and pool-it works well however it often gets stuck in a corner of the pool.
The bottom of the pool does not have a sharp corner where the side meets the bottom but a fairly generous curving shape with a radius of approx 300mm. If the device gets stuck it is at the corner somewhere.
I have read the troubleshooting sheet that came with the device-no answers. It can oscillate away comfortably for about 20 minutes moving around before it stops moving. A bit of a nuisance. Can it be adjusted to stop this? Thanks Peter
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Thu 04 Feb, 2021 08:38

Same answer as above, I have owned, been lent and disposed of or sold many types of cleaner and manual cleaning is best.
PeterBr
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: The pool is a curved kidney shape with a small circular pool attached which overflows into the pool when the pump is on.
It's capacity is 40k litres.
It has a crystal clear EC2000 chlorinator and a cartridge type filter.
The pool finish is pebble over concrete and it is outdoor-not under any cover and there is no portabletype pool cover. The pump is a Speck eco pro 2 speed

Postby PeterBr » Thu 04 Feb, 2021 18:57

Thank you for that -often the simple way of doing is the best-so i will just use manual methods.
I go to a pool shop and have a test done occasionally-also have a test kit that is very difficult to get an accurate reading on (how pink is pink??)
I find that I can get the free chlorine reading in range by adjusting the needle on the chlorinator dial. Total alkalinity readings are usually too low and I am recommended to add buffer-sometimes approx 4kg.
Have looked at your forums and done a search for correcting low alkalinity but was not led to the topic-most information seems to be on lowering total alkalinity.
I live in Queensland Australia and the water temperature is often in the mid 20 deg C and this probably influences the pool chemistry.
The pH is usually cheaply adjusted by adding acid however buffer is reasonably expensive so any information on lowering total alkalinity is appreciated. Thanks Peter
NikosOkim
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 1056aq.ft
inground-pool

Postby NikosOkim » Thu 18 Aug, 2022 03:07

Hi all

I joined a few days ago, and this is my first post.

First of all, I live in South Carolina, and I built myself an inground pool in the backyard of my house, close to 800sq.ft. It is rectangular and 2 meters deep.
Second, in the two years since I built the pool, I have always done light cleaning myself every day and then deep cleaning up to twice a week because the results of the two pool cleaning agencies in town did not meet my expectations.

Again, last year I had two daughters, which made it very busy and challenging to find the time and mood to clean the pool. I drove to Walmart to buy a pool cleaning robot that the shopper thought was a better seller. This one robot did a great job of helping me get through last summer.

Finally, in 2022 summer came, and I took my two daughters to play at the pool. Badly, I fell into the pool after tripping over the robot's cord, and the robot stopped working altogether, even though I later contacted the staff for repairs and got no feedback. At the end of May, I ended up with a Aiper cordless pool robot on a official website, which came up as Best Seller in my search. So far, so good, no cords, cleans as well as I could have hoped, and my family is happy with it.

This is my experience, and I hope it will help you.

Thanks
Nikos
Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Postby Teapot1 » Thu 18 Aug, 2022 11:47

Still go with manual cleaning and that is after owning several different models as the cost, the time to set up and put away and I never miss bits!
Is equal to manual cleaning.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.

Return to “Routine Pool Cleaning & Maintenance”