brushing, filter care, filter cleaning, replacing
worn or broken pool parts
anpisan
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Inground 18x36 with Hayward SwimClear C3025 filter and 2hp pumo

Air Leak??

Postby anpisan » Fri 17 Jul, 2009 19:08

We have a Hayward SwimClear C3025 that we bought a month ago. Was working good until today. Small water leak from air pressure relief valve. Also noted that pressure has dropped on return lines and pressure has increased on filter from about 15psi to 20-21psi. Can anyone help and offer suggestions? Thanks

Denali
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Air Leak??

Postby Denali » Fri 17 Jul, 2009 22:18

anpisan wrote:We have a Hayward SwimClear C3025 that we bought a month ago. Was working good until today. Small water leak from air pressure relief valve. Also noted that pressure has dropped on return lines and pressure has increased on filter from about 15psi to 20-21psi. Can anyone help and offer suggestions? Thanks

Hi,

Two different issues here. The small leak should be easily fixed with some teflon tape to rewrap the threads (if that is where the leak is) or replacing the valve if the leak is from where the air normally comes out.

When the pressure goes up on the filter it is normally because the filter is getting dirty. The return to the pool slows down as the filter gets dirty. Backwash or take apart and clean to restore normal flow.
anpisan
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Inground 18x36 with Hayward SwimClear C3025 filter and 2hp pumo

Air Leak??

Postby anpisan » Sat 18 Jul, 2009 06:17

Thank you for your response. Will try what your suggest.

Return to “Routine Pool Cleaning & Maintenance”