2 Suction pipes

Adding chemicals, vacuuming, backwashing,
brushing, filter care, filter cleaning, replacing
worn or broken pool parts
Drougo
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: I have a concrete swimming pool. It is about 13m long and 4m wide. I am running a new Hurlcon Pump and Unique 20 Chlorinator and have a new Zodiac G2 Suction cleaner.

2 Suction pipes

Postby Drougo » Tue 25 Aug, 2009 22:05

Hi, I have an inground concrete pool which is quite large (approx 80,000ltrs). I have a normal skimmer basket with my G2 cleaner attached to it but have recently realised that there is a second suciton point. It sits halfway down the length of the pool and at about half the depth of that section. It juts out from the surface and has a screw thread on the outside (so it is a male part). When the cleaner is attached to the skimmer box it has a huge amount of suction and when the cleaner is not attached to the skimmer it has very little suction. I think it is stopping my cleaner from working properly.

Does anyone know what this pipe is for and what I can do about it. I think it poses quite a danger to long hair and children?!?

Me...
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

2 Suction pipes

Postby Me... » Wed 26 Aug, 2009 13:04

It sounds extremely dangerous. I would have a pro come out and see what can be done.
Drougo
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: I have a concrete swimming pool. It is about 13m long and 4m wide. I am running a new Hurlcon Pump and Unique 20 Chlorinator and have a new Zodiac G2 Suction cleaner.

2 Suction pipes

Postby Drougo » Wed 26 Aug, 2009 17:47

Thanks I will do. It certainly seems really dangerous and I would hate to be the reason for injuring someone or worse...

Return to “Routine Pool Cleaning & Maintenance”