Chlorine challenges

Chlorinating, maintaining the right chlorine levels,
chlorine problems. Dichlor, trichlor, cal hypo, bleach,
granules, chlorine pucks and chlorine sticks.
mathompson3
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 30,000 in ground vinyl liner; Pent Air intelli-flo pump

Chlorine challenges

Postby mathompson3 » Tue 15 Jun, 2021 16:41

Purchased our home four years ago with 30,000 unheated inground pool with the original 20+ yr. old vinyl liner with an automatic cover which we use 3 months out of the year. Each year we spend well over a $1,000 in chemicals and can never get the pool to hold chlorine. This year is no exception. We have exceeding high CYA of 150 (which the pool store advises is not an issue) with no FC. Pool is extremely clear. Bromine is 2.15; TA of 140; PH of 6.7. So far this year, we have put in at least 30 lbs of shock with no success. Pool professionals are now advising to add another 80 lbs to break the lock or drain the pool refill and likely get a new liner at which I laughed and walked out of the store. Today, when I used a test strip, I surprising noticed that unlike FC, the bromine level was at the ideal level which was later validated by the pool store (competitor of the previous store) report. So, do I have a bromine pool without my knowledge which is keeping me from achieving the needed FC levels? Appreciate the feedback.

Return to “Chlorine”