4-in-1 shock and 3" tabs Plus

Chlorinating, maintaining the right chlorine levels,
chlorine problems. Dichlor, trichlor, cal hypo, bleach,
granules, chlorine pucks and chlorine sticks.

4-in-1 shock and 3" tabs Plus

Postby Guest » Mon 14 Apr, 2008 08:27

At the start of each pool season I purchase a 40-lb bucket of 3” chlorine tabs and a 24-lb box of 1-lb bags of shock from my local Costco warehouse. I normally buy just plain 3” tabs and shock, but this year Costco only had these two products both by AquaChem:

AquaChem 3” Tablet Plus:
-Prevents corrosion and metal staining
-Reduces scale formation
-Softens water
-With built in sunlight protector
Ingredients; trichloro-s-triazinetrione 94.05 % Other 5.95%

AquaChem 4-in1 pool shock Plus:
-Reduces organic contaminates
-Clarifies water
-Enhances filtration
-Does not increase ph
Ingredients: sodium dichloro-s-trazinetrione 58.2% Other 41.8%

I’ve had good luck in the past with just plain ol’ tabs and shock, should I give these 4-in-1 products a try, or should I return them and stay with what worked well in the past?

You can see the products here:
www DOT plusequalsmore DOT com/aq/products/

Strannik-au
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby Strannik-au » Mon 14 Apr, 2008 10:35

Why don't you just buy a quantity of sodium hypochlorite? Will do the job, and make balancing your water much easier since there is nothing in it but chlorine. Or just use household bleach.

I would stay away from all in one products since they will bring up the level of chemicals which might be already perfectly fine and don't need adjustments. It's better to use separate products, that way you have a greater control over what goes in your pool.

Postby Guest » Mon 14 Apr, 2008 11:16

Good suggestions. I prefer the 3" tabs as I just load my automatic chlorinator with tabs, set the dial and I am good for a few weeks. This is also conveinent when away on vacation. I may return these all-in-one tabs for plain tabs.

Strannik-au wrote:Why don't you just buy a quantity of Natrium hypochlorite? Will do the job, and make balancing your water much easier since there is nothing in it but chlorine. Or just use household bleach.

I would stay away from all in one products since they will bring up the level of chemicals which might be already perfectly fine and don't need adjustments. It's better to use separate products, that way you have a greater control over what goes in your pool.
Strannik-au
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby Strannik-au » Mon 14 Apr, 2008 11:40

I meant bleach for initial shock instead of the shock product, and then tablets afterwards to keep up the chlorine level. :)

Return to “Chlorine”