Postby Sam83 » Sun 26 Apr, 2020 11:27

:x , so first my water chemistry
Ph: 7.6
Free chlorine 3.5
Combined none
Cya: 40
Alkalinity 80
Current filter : DE using zro cellulose fiber, 48sqft

So i have never had any issues with my pool over the past 3 years, never green, never cloudy,
A month ago i bought an alaklinity increaser from lesliepool to increase alkalinity from 60 to 80, i admit this is probably a coincidence but some white stuff apeared ton top of the water that, never went away. I am putting a link to the photos but if i want to describe it, they are very tiny particles that when grouped together look like mucus, if you try to pick it up with your finger, its almost impossible but when i manage to, immediately disappears if touched. These particles are not found on the bottom as they are very light weight.
Someone told me it might be calcuim as my calcium level is around 600, i bought the stain remover from leslie and 0 difference.
Someone else told me your DE filter is probably torn, i openned the filter and checked all the grids. They all have a very tiny (smaller than pen tip) hole near the top where the mesh connects to the skeleton on the seam lines. But other than that all good,. One more info, i switched from normal DE to zeo cellulose fiber about a year ago.
I am planning on switching to normal DE if that doesn't fix it, change all the grids, if that also doesnt fix it, i really am out of options. Please help :(
Below are two images.
https://ibb.co/fQCwnKC
https://ibb.co/tJ59H3n

Newpoolguy17
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 141,000 litre outdoor community pool. Concrete. Sand filter. T cell salt. Propane heater

Re: Mysterious dandruff like flake all over the pool surface, desperate for help

Postby Newpoolguy17 » Sun 20 Sep, 2020 20:46

Could be the plaster. We have a plaster pool I noticed flakes too. Someone told me it was the calcium coming out of the plaster.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Mysterious dandruff like flake all over the pool surface, desperate for help

Postby Denniswiseman » Mon 21 Sep, 2020 02:07

Can it be skimmed of or is it increasing, if so it probably is your filter as DE filters have very fine filtration and any hole would be to big

Return to “Pool Surface Staining & Discolored Pool Water”