Algae stains NO copper/iron

Stains on the pool surfaces, pool equipment
or on the swimmers, or off-color swimming pool
water. Discolored but clear pool water.

Algae stains NO copper/iron

Postby Guest » Wed 06 May, 2009 08:40

ITS BEEN CONFIRM, I HAVE ALGAE STAINS. Ran some test at local Leslie Pool store for metal or copper/iron and here are the results:

FC: 0
pH: 8.0
TA: 180
CH: 400
CYA: 40
Copper / Iron: 0

33,000 gal pool in L shape.

Before this my CYA was up in the ass, thanks to you guys its now drop big time due to a partial drain and fill plus clorox bleach. Now my numbers are in range. The pool is bright and clear. Just got some Liquid Muriatic Acid and pour about the a good gallon to lower the pH/TA.

Now because of the clearness, I can now see the bottom of my pool. With that in mind, I see ALGAE STREAKS on the side of the pool, and corners of the steps. They do brush off with the steel brush but to an extent. There seems to be a brownish yellowish look. Also confirmed it with Leslie Pool that there is Cooper or Iron in the pool. He recommended balance the water w/ MA then shock to Algaecides. By that it will kill the Algae and brush off completely. Seems like he was full of it since its a STAIN. But I figure get what he recommended since Im desperate of having a beautiful pool. what else should i do if this doesnt work?? I need this clean or partially clean by the weekend

Return to “Pool Surface Staining & Discolored Pool Water”