SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
stedmakr
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 17 thousand gallons, salt water pool, aquarite generator, T-15 cell

Calcium Buildup on a new Salt Cell

Postby stedmakr » Thu 11 Jun, 2020 07:19

I purchased a house with a salt water pool that is giving me fits. I just purchased a new T-15 cell three weeks ago (assuming the old cell was bad) and the chlorine level in the pool has slowly dropped to zero. I disconnected the cell and cleaned it with a hose with a nozzle and the cell was coated with calcium. Multiple (30 - 40) large white flakes were dislodged from the cell when I cleaned it with the hose. I am under the impression that I shouldn't have to use muriac acid to clean a new cell that is only 3 weeks old.

Control Box = Goldline Aquarite ver 1.40
Generator - Haywood T-15 (Brand new)
Salt water concentration 3100 measured with a salt water monitor, the instant salt reader on the control panel reads 1400. It read 900 before cleaning
All chemicals are in balance, except free chlorine which is zero, chlorine is 1

The pool also has a passive solar system to heat the pool. I also use a pool vacuum.

Any suggestions on what is wrong and recommendation?

Thanks

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Calcium Buildup on a new Salt Cell

Postby Denniswiseman » Thu 11 Jun, 2020 16:40

It seems like you have to much calcium if that is the case or is it salt, you can tastes it
Get some chlorine in the pool soon or suffer an algae bloom
With a total chlorine of 1 you have combined chlorine of 1 and may need to Slam (Shock Level and Maintain) with relation to Chlorine / CYA Chart and Recommended Pool Levels
Let's have your numbers
FC:
TC:
pH:
TA:
CH:
CYA:

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”