Problems with Paramount O3 system

SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
Stephanie3
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Inground 25,000 gallon vinyl lined Hayward cartridge filter with UV and Ozone system

Problems with Paramount O3 system

Postby Stephanie3 » Thu 18 Jun, 2020 10:11

We have a 25,000 inground vinyl lined pool with UV and Paramount Ozone system (this is the start of the 4th year of our pool so still fairly new). Since our pool was opened this year, there is cloudy/bubbly water coming out of our jets only when our Ozone system is on. When we turn the ozone off, you can not see the water coming out of the jets. We ordered new filter cartridges this year and they have been cleaned several times so I know dirty filter cartridges are not the reason the water coming out of jets is cloudy/bubbly. The pool water is crystal clear from the outside. However, underwater it looks gross with lots of tiny bubbles or particles floating around giving the water a hazy cloudy look to it. Per the advice of my local pool store, I added floc yesterday, let filter run for 2 hrs after adding floc then turned everything off. 24 hrs later pool is still crystal clear on the outside, no cloudy layer or clumps of debris on the bottom to vacuum up. The pump and Ozone system have been off for 24 hours now and I just took a photo underwater and it looks almost clear now. I didn’t see the tiny bubbles/particles floating around. Because I didn’t get the normal response from adding the floc, and underwater is looking better I’m assuming the problem is with our Ozone system. Perhaps the ozone is not dissolving in the water. Has anyone experienced a similar problem with Ozone or know what my problem is?

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Problems with Paramount O3 system

Postby Denniswiseman » Thu 18 Jun, 2020 12:50

I don't know about ozone systems but a salt water chlorine generator (SWCG) causes some small chlorine bubbles. When it's switched off it clears
The same thing may happen with your ozone system
Talk to the manufacturer

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”