Aqua rite salt reading is wrong

SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
boyetteoaks06
I'm new here
I'm new here

Aqua rite salt reading is wrong

Postby boyetteoaks06 » Tue 23 Jun, 2020 04:38

I just bought a Hayward T-cell 15. I also replaced the flow switch. The display shows about 4100 ppm when in fact the pool store tested it and they got 2800 ppm. Sometimes it show "HI" and because of this it won't generate salt. I have tried to calibrate the cell by sliding the switch to OFF and back to AUTO, waited until it clicked and hit the button 5 times to see the instant. It did go down to 3800 ppm so I went thru the steps to set the ppm in. This only lasts a few minutes and then it goes back to what I previously described.

I replaced my motherboard with a generic mobo last year. The Hayward says that I have to run software revision r1.5, however mine says r8.80. Also there is no way for me to check what T-cell I am using on my display. My display shows the
4200 average salt,
1. 90 temp,
2. 23.8voltage when generating and then 31.0 when it shows not generating,
3. 7.84 amp when generating and 0 when not generating,
4. 100p,
5.-4200 instant salt,
6.88-0 (not sure what that is for) and r8.80.
7. Back to Average salt.
There are no other displays.

Is the motherboard the problem? Do I need to buy an new MOBO?
Help!

katuga
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: I will provide later.

Re: Aqua rite salt reading is wrong

Postby katuga » Mon 06 Jul, 2020 12:32

A dying or improperly configured cell type reports incorrect salt level than the actual. And for those without a reliable salt test kit, they tend to add more salt and overcompensate. A replacement cell and a partial drain is the fix. For Aquarite, the manufacturer's recommended salt level is between 2700-3400 ppm. Anything beyond that, the chlorine production is halted. If the pool store tested @2800 ppm, try to get a second opinion or better yet, gift yourself with a reliable salt test kit like the taylor k-1766.

As for the non-OEM controller bd, sorry can't help you with that! Is the old pcb beyond economical repair? If you find yourself in the market for a replacement hayward OEM glx-pcb-rite, the pcb with the newest software r1.59 is more reliable, hands down!

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”