Aqua Rite -T15 salt cell - plagued with issues

SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
kyle1974
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 14,000 gallon, in ground salt. cartridge filter, 1.5 HP single stage pump

Aqua Rite -T15 salt cell - plagued with issues

Postby kyle1974 » Sun 06 Jun, 2021 17:21

Hi, I am hoping I can get some help on my ongoing issues.

I have an aquarite/hayward salt system for my pool. T-15 cell.

Roughly 2 months ago, the salt level on the control panel began dropping to below functional levels (below 2600) overnight. When the pump kicks back on the next morning, the salt reading is too low to generate chlorine.

so then I reset it. it "seems" to be functioning. I have tested the water, and chlorine seems to increase in the pool.

I replaced the salt cell after Leslies said it wasn't working properly. This did not resolve anything. same issue kept happening.

I replaced the main circuit board in the control panel, and as soon as I powered it up, the salt level jumped from 700 to 2800 (2800 is the approximate salt level based on sample strips).

now two days later... the salt level is dropping to 2100-2300 overnight.

any thoughts? It seems I have replaced pretty much everything that can be replaced but obviously I haven't as there is still an issue.

thanks!

Blue tribe
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 16 x 32 inground. Hayward salt water

Re: Aqua Rite -T15 salt cell - plagued with issues

Postby Blue tribe » Mon 14 Jun, 2021 17:22

I have the same system. When I start mine running it says “generating” but after about three minutes all of the lights go out, including the power light. I have no idea what’s going on.

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”