algaecide, brightener, dichlor, sodium hypo,
sodium bisulfate, ....??
Kikko
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Inground 13 x 6 meters pool

Sodium bromine for yellow algeae and troubles

Postby Kikko » Thu 25 Jun, 2020 15:43

Hi all guys, I'm new to the forum, so, nice to meet you all. I have an inground pool since 2008, and never had any troubles with chemicals and stuff, but this year yellow algae decided to infest my pool and I bought a product in order to get rid of it. I used the product as it was supposed to, so, 2.5 kg with an oxidating agent (cal ipo in my case) After using the product I noticed my pool was always at 0 chlorine reading, so I checked the product's composition and found it was sodium bromine. From what I learned sodium bromine converts chlorine into bromine and I'm inside an endless loop. The question is: "How can I get rid of sodium bromine without draining my pool?" consider that I half drained it, but I don't know if normal sun exposition will eliminate residual bromine or not. Any advice is welcome. Ty all.

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Sodium bromine for yellow algeae and troubles

Postby Denniswiseman » Fri 26 Jun, 2020 02:07

So far as I know the simplest is a drain and refill
The chlorine will work but as a bromine pool cannot use CYA, there is no protection from UV for your chlorine in outdoor pools.

Return to “Pool Chemical Problems & Swimming Pool Chemicals”