Italian Pool

What is floc, clarifier, stabilizer, cyanuric acid,
algaecide, brightener, dichlor, sodium hypo,
sodium bisulfate, ....??
Phil.c
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro
My Pool: 28' x 10' indoor, liner, oil heater, sand filter.

Italian Pool

Postby Phil.c » Sat 09 Jul, 2022 08:59

Just back from our annual holiday in Sorrento, wev'e been staying at the hotel for thirty years, the pool is alway crystal clear, but they only test for PH and Chlorine?

The temperature this year was mid 30's and four days of 38c which felt like 75c! the water temperature 31c.

Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: Italian Pool

Postby Teapot1 » Sat 09 Jul, 2022 13:02

Yes thats about a legal minimum but most countries have a CYA maximum level as well. If like some they drain the pool each year and refil (a legal requirement in some countries) then CYA build up is not likely to happen so problems are minimised. Thats one of the reasons the junk science pool equipment makes it to market and a customer defends it because the water is fresh, give it 3 years of swimming and then they loose control and the pool gadget fails to put it right so we come back to basics as we do on here and get things straightened out.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.
Phil.c
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro
My Pool: 28' x 10' indoor, liner, oil heater, sand filter.

Re: Italian Pool

Postby Phil.c » Sun 10 Jul, 2022 05:35

The pool guy to me to where they sloosh a few inched of the water every day and top up with tap water.

Return to “Pool Chemical Problems & Swimming Pool Chemicals”