What is floc, clarifier, stabilizer, cyanuric acid,
algaecide, brightener, dichlor, sodium hypo,
sodium bisulfate, ....??
dstinyz
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Floc and Clear

Postby dstinyz » Sun 05 Aug, 2007 09:36

Ok I just spent 25.99 on some floc & clear... it says do not vacuum to filter! I do not have a vacuum to waste option. Can I still use this product, and if so...how would I do this? I have 15x48 sun&sand metal frame pool.

Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Backglass » Mon 06 Aug, 2007 14:32

First, when using floc you MUST let it settle for 24-48 hours. No pump, no swimming. When you see all the "cotton balls" on the bottom, you must remove them to WASTE. Every filter I have ever seen has a WASTE option..unless this is one of those pop-up pools with the cheap filter and garden hose vacuum.

If that is the case, your going to have a very tough time not stirring the floc back up and removing it from your pool. You could try just siphoning with a hose, but you have to be very gentle when using floc.
===============================
I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.
dstinyz
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Floc & Clear

Postby dstinyz » Mon 06 Aug, 2007 16:38

HA! I do have one of those easy set metal framed pools (with a CHEAP pump) :? but I did go out and I used my pool vacuum hose and head, I gently moved it around and siphoned alot of it out... it accually worked pretty well got around 50% out I would say before I started getting rained on! I will go out again later and try to do more then scrub and shock it, and then probably use another dose of floc. Thanx alot! You and Chem Geek are VERY helpful.... I will say this ONCE, "I am happy I got the algae" or I wouldn't have found this site and learned as much as I have from the 2 of you!!!! I have 3 children and learning the BBB method will save me loads of money! Again Thank You! :wink:
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Re: Floc & Clear

Postby Backglass » Mon 06 Aug, 2007 19:25

dstinyz wrote:HA! I do have one of those easy set metal framed pools (with a CHEAP pump) :? but I did go out and I used my pool vacuum hose and head, I gently moved it around and siphoned alot of it out... it accually worked pretty well got around 50% out I would say before I started getting rained on! I will go out again later and try to do more then scrub and shock it, and then probably use another dose of floc. Thanx alot! You and Chem Geek are VERY helpful.... I will say this ONCE, "I am happy I got the algae" or I wouldn't have found this site and learned as much as I have from the 2 of you!!!! I have 3 children and learning the BBB method will save me loads of money! Again Thank You! :wink:

:oops: Well...um...thanks!

I was going broke by owning a pool and dumping tons of crap into my pool weekly with little or no result (and having no idea what they were for). After discovering & learning about the BBB method, my pool is clear a week after opening, stays clear all summer long, and is cheap to maintain. All my friends comment on how good it looks, and I have even helped a few friends clear their pools.

I only hang around these forums because it BURNS me to see people, some with very limited funds, pouring money into a hole because the "expert" at the pool store told them too. Now, not all pool stores are this way but FAR too many are all about sales and return business...not about actually helping you. Add to that the self-perpetuating urban legends (CYA doesn't matter, Bleach is bad for your pool, etc) and the teen behind the counter doing your test wrong and....well you know.
===============================

I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.
dstinyz
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby dstinyz » Tue 07 Aug, 2007 21:28

My pool finally looks great! And I can see the bottom.... my kids will be thrilled to be able to get in again.... thanx so much for your advice!

Return to “Pool Chemical Problems & Swimming Pool Chemicals”