How Do I Get In & Out Of The Pool? (liner replacement)

Liner issues and problems installing or
maintaining above ground swimming pools.
Soloswimmer

Postby Soloswimmer » Wed 14 Aug, 2013 09:41

Hi, Everyone,

So, I'm going to be installing a new liner in my 27' above-ground. One thing I can't figure out: How do I get in and out of the pool while doing so, since the ladder will be removed, and the pool half disassembled????

CGPoolman
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby CGPoolman » Thu 15 Aug, 2013 10:41

You'll definitely want an assistant to help you do the liner, makes the job a whole lot easier! They can work outside the pool while you work inside. If you have one of "A-Frame" style pool ladders, you should be able to easily lift it in and out of the pool since it doesn't touch the pool wall. If you don't have one, you may want to use 2 regular ladders - stand one in the pool and one just outside the pool so you can move from ladder to ladder to get in and out. Just be sure to put cardboard or something under the ladder inside the pool to protect that new liner! When you don't need the inside ladder, just pass it to your outside man.

-CG
Soloswimmer

Postby Soloswimmer » Thu 15 Aug, 2013 13:50

Thank you, CGpoolman! I'll be doing it single-handed, so I guess I'll just have to find a way to keep the ladder within reach (I do have an A-frame ladder). It'll probably involve my tractor! (No worries- I just built a garage, and put up the 20' roof trusses single-handedly)

Postby Guest » Wed 21 Aug, 2013 13:26

Well....I did it! The liner is in; filling with water; the A-frame ladder worked (Just propped it up off the floor with some clamps supporting it via the top of the pool). Did it single-handed, and not a wrinkle to be found! And ya know? It wasn't bad- not half as hard as I had imagined. I followed the procedure used on the Youtube video "SUPER SIMPLE Above Ground Liner Installation- used a shop-vac, etc, and it worked like a charm!
CGPoolman
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby CGPoolman » Thu 22 Aug, 2013 08:18

That's awesome! Glad everything worked out for you! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

-CG
Soloswimmer

Postby Soloswimmer » Fri 23 Aug, 2013 22:40

Thanks, CG! One more question, if you don't mind: It seems that my skimmer is leaking slightly- Can I undo it and put different gaskets without messing up the liner? Any tips?
CGPoolman
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby CGPoolman » Sat 24 Aug, 2013 18:26

Solo,

Yes, You'll want to drain the pool below the skimmer. Then, just unscrew the faceplate and replace the gaskets. There should be one inside and one outside the pool.

-CG
Soloswimmer

Postby Soloswimmer » Sun 25 Aug, 2013 08:44

Thanks, CG. I was afraid that if I messed with it, it might mess-up the new liner. I have a couple of ideas I'm going to try today- and if they don't work...then it'll be a new gasket set tomorrow. It's just the slightest leak- not really even a drip- just a little wetness. One of the new gaskets that came with the liner, had gotten a slight crease of scratch or fold in it....I'll bet that's the problem! Thanks for all the help.

Return to “Liner & Above Ground Pools”