Ingground pool liner wrinkled or sagging.

Liner issues and problems installing or
maintaining above ground swimming pools.
rusty95
I'm new here
I'm new here

Ingground pool liner wrinkled or sagging.

Postby rusty95 » Tue 02 Aug, 2016 07:45

I hope this is the right section to post this. I have a 40X20 vinyl liner inground pool. The liner seems to have wrinkled or sagged right below the skimmer. Is there a way to fix this. Like lowering the level below the skimmer, taking the plate off, and somehow pulling the liner back into position. Or should I just leave it alone. The liner is only 3 years old.
Attachments
IMG_4407.JPG
IMG_4406.JPG

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Ingground pool liner wrinkled or sagging.

Postby Denniswiseman » Tue 02 Aug, 2016 10:10

Your solution seems reasonable and it is what I would do
First check that the screws go into the back of the skimmer and doesn't have nuts that can fall off and lose
rusty95
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Ingground pool liner wrinkled or sagging.

Postby rusty95 » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 12:25

Well that was a waste of time. Drained the pool down. Took the skimmer reveal off. I put my hand behind it to try to pull it back up but discovered the liner was actually stretched out of shape. It looked like when you stretch a plastic bag, it doesn't return to it's original state. I can't imagine how it happened. Unless water got behind it. But it was dry on the padding. I tried to heat it but it didn't do anything. So I guess I will have to live with it. It's a shame because it's a new liner.

Return to “Liner & Above Ground Pools”