Perfect Pool Floor Now has Small Wrinkles ABP

Liner issues and problems installing or
maintaining above ground swimming pools.
tall smalls
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 27' Above Ground Pool with a DE Filter

Perfect Pool Floor Now has Small Wrinkles ABP

Postby tall smalls » Sat 20 Jul, 2019 19:31

Hi All,
I am hoping you all can help me understand what has happened. We installed a new liner with a gorilla pad underneath in our above ground pool. We worked hard to ensure there was not a single wrinkle in the floor bottom using a push broom and wet vac to the walls. Had the pool filled and walked around after cutting holes for the skimmer and return. There were no wrinkles. A little over a month later small little wrinkles are beginning to develop on my pool floor. I count about 5 now and I can not figure out why. I don't know if it is because of the gorilla pad compacting down or maybe the liner was not stretched enough as June in New England was on the cooler end and now we have been in actual summer weather. Could it be the change in the pool water....it was 65 degrees when delivered and now it is 85? We installed another liner previous to this one and did not have this problem. The two differences are we did not use a gorilla pad the first time (hence the need for the new liner 10 years later) and it was hotter when we installed the liner the first time. Can anyone help me from going crazy and explain why this is happening? Thanks in advance for any help....

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Perfect Pool Floor Now has Small Wrinkles ABP

Postby Teapot » Sun 21 Jul, 2019 01:33

What's a gorilla pad?
Water under liners can cause wrinkles and so can low pH.
High temperature when installing and without a little water in the bottom could mean over stretching then shrinking causing wrinkles.
Just ideas, I wasn't there to see what took place
tall smalls
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 27' Above Ground Pool with a DE Filter

Postby tall smalls » Tue 30 Jul, 2019 11:03

Gorilla Pad is an underliner that is supposed to prevent small wholes in the pool floor. I think that this is the cause. It was laid out with no wrinkles, but it did have 1/8 thickness. I think that as the pool water is compacting the underliner it is causing small wrinkles. It is the only thing I can think of as our pool water has good PH and more small wrinkles are continuing to pop up. :(
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Tue 30 Jul, 2019 11:18

Very annoying, I have laid pools on cheap polypropylene carpet before without issue, even my own!

Return to “Liner & Above Ground Pools”