Bestway Bent Top Rail

Liner issues and problems installing or
maintaining above ground swimming pools.
poolman48
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Bestway Steel Pro Max 15 x 48

Bestway Bent Top Rail

Postby poolman48 » Mon 21 Jun, 2021 16:08

I have a Bestway 56690E Steel Pro Max 15 x 48 above ground pool. I got everything leveled, installed, sand filter pump, water looks great......AND THEN......I believe someone jumped off of one of the top rails by the ladder and bent it. I did not see it happen, but I believe that is what happened. Soooooo disappointed after all of the hard work!! Anyway, the top rail section needs replaced. Problem is, trying to get someone on the phone at Bestway is IMPOSSIBLE. Also, it appears all Bestway parts are BACKORDER..... Grrrrr..... Anyone have any ideas???? I am not letting my kids in the pool currently because the last thing I need is a complete failure of the pool at this point..... Help!

-Greg

Bschoos
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 15x48” Bestway Above ground steel pro max

Re: Bestway Bent Top Rail

Postby Bschoos » Sun 25 Jun, 2023 21:27

Did you ever find a fix for this? I just had the exact same thing happen and am scouring the internet to find a solution…
Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Postby Teapot1 » Mon 26 Jun, 2023 07:30

No great ideas but maybe try the small ads. People often sell off these when they are done or if they ruin the liner.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.
ThomasX
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Bestway Steel Pro Max 4.88mm

Postby ThomasX » Thu 13 Jul, 2023 05:47

Happened to me last summer. Put a piece of wood beneath it to give it some stability, and leave it.

Replace it when you get a new one, or you can do like I did, and re-straighten the bent rail. I used dent repair tools for cars and it worked fine. Got two rails bent last summer and they're in the pool this summer again working just fine.

Return to “Liner & Above Ground Pools”