Pool leak

Leaks in the pool, plumbing, filtration system, skimmer, ...
Finding & repairing swimming pool leaks.
donna from Philly
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 16x32 malibu 8, Hayward cartridge filter, 1 and 3/4 , fiberglass onepiece 21 years new.

Pool leak

Postby donna from Philly » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 12:35

Hello I have a inground pool that is loosing water a little each day My husband reset the valve in deep end and we thought we had it. It did not leak for 3 days, Then we had torrential down pour only got and inch out of it and low and behold it is loosing again . How can a valve be replaced in a one piece fiberglass, this is a pool that is 20 years young and still quite beautiful I must say. The water can not be removed. Please help us Thanks in Philly

jenniferhoops
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Pool leak

Postby jenniferhoops » Mon 01 Aug, 2011 23:09

Hey Donna,

I have also the same problem with min inground pool. After trying of many days. I have asked from the professional and he said you have to change the valve and he did it in few hours. It was really an tough job but its his profession and he changed the valve. Now we have no problem with pool.
We provides protection against low water flow, lead leaching, corrosion and Water Leaks.
gaurav22890

Pool leak

Postby gaurav22890 » Fri 17 Feb, 2012 02:51

Hello donna, if you are not able to find a leak in your swimming pool so there is no need of any drilling you should use the Passive leak detection system it is operated on battery i.e. they are battery dependent devices and their batteries need to be checked repeatedly. Whenever they detect a leak, an alarm sound is heard. Alarm sound is produced when their moisture sensor gets wet. This helps to detect the location of water leaks.
lightandspace
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Pool leak

Postby lightandspace » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 02:12

my swimming pool was also old but not old as yours but I am going modify it all but it didn't got leak yet.

Return to “Swimming Pool Leaks”