Pool water level dropping

Leaks in the pool, plumbing, filtration system, skimmer, ...
Finding & repairing swimming pool leaks.
hitlayers
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: 15x30, 52", 10,000 gallon deck around above ground vinyl lining, 21" Hayward sand filter, 1 1/2 HP Hayward pump

Pool water level dropping

Postby hitlayers » Tue 21 Jul, 2020 09:49

Hello everyone, I will triple check again today but I am noticing every week that my water level is going down and I do not see any obvious leaks, could this be due to the very hot weather causing the water to evaporate, excuse me if this sounds ignorant, just wanted to get you guys/gals advice. TIA!

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Pool water level dropping

Postby Denniswiseman » Tue 21 Jul, 2020 16:44

Pools can evaporate in hot weather but an ideal test is a bucket in a shallow area and see how much it goes down in relation to the whole pool
tgodon
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Foxx Pools lagoon shaped with steps and Buddy Seat. 41' long and about 29,000 gallons. Hayward sand filter. Pool was originally installed in 2005.

Re: Pool water level dropping

Postby tgodon » Fri 24 Jul, 2020 14:41

Another way to tell the difference between a leak and evaporation...are you having to add chemicals way more often than you should? Our pool is salt water, we have been losing about an inch of water a day, salt does not evaporate and I have been having to add at least one to two 40 pound bags of salt each week. I have a leak detection scheduled for August 3rd, but thing I may have discovered the leak today. There is about a 3/4" cut in the liner wall that I have patched and and I am now doing another water loss test over a 24 hour period.

Return to “Swimming Pool Leaks”