Return Leak

Leaks in the pool, plumbing, filtration system, skimmer, ...
Finding & repairing swimming pool leaks.
PowerMan312
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 22,000 In ground pool. 16x32

Return Leak

Postby PowerMan312 » Tue 15 Jun, 2021 06:55

Hello, I am losing about 1/8 a day from a return leak. Additionally, my leak in the line is causing me to get sand in the pool from the return line.
I know the leak is there I have pressure tested my lines.
I used fix a leak last season and it worked like a charm. This season the leak came back and I have used over 6 bottles of fix a leak and still can’t seal it.

My question is do you guys think I can add fix a leak product inside my pressure tester and then push the product in the line with the water hose connected and the rest of my ports sealed?

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Return Leak

Postby Denniswiseman » Tue 15 Jun, 2021 09:36

With a return line leak it's under pressure so no sand should come in from there. I suspect you have a sand filter and the problem is in there (damaged laterals)
Dependant on the size of the leak it would be better to connect tubing to the eyeballs and return it straight to the skimmer so the Fixaleak is recycled instead of going into the pool, bearing in mind that the MPV is on Bypass / Recirculate so it doesn't go through the filter

Return to “Swimming Pool Leaks”