Spa drains to pool level after pump shuts off

Leaks in the pool, plumbing, filtration system, skimmer, ...
Finding & repairing swimming pool leaks.
rvh.iii@me.com
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 20000 gal., hayward pump, DE filter.

Spa drains to pool level after pump shuts off

Postby rvh.iii@me.com » Tue 09 Nov, 2021 10:35

My spa drains down to pool level overnight after the pump shuts off. I have isolated the check valve at the fountain line to the spa and I have also shut off the jandy valve to the pool and my spa still drains down? I have checked the ortaga 2" check valve and it looks like new no tears or scuffs , the inside of the tube where it seats is clean and smooth, My pool is an inground 20000 gallon capacity.

dynamictiger
    Swimming Pool Superstar
    Swimming Pool Superstar
    My Pool: one of them is 713,342 gallons
    I look after lots and lots

Re: Spa drains to pool level after pump shuts off

Postby dynamictiger » Thu 17 Mar, 2022 15:50

rvh.iii@me.com wrote:
      My spa drains down to pool level overnight after the pump shuts off. I have isolated the check valve at the fountain line to the spa and I have also shut off the jandy valve to the pool and my spa still drains down? I have checked the ortaga 2" check valve and it looks like new no tears or scuffs , the inside of the tube where it seats is clean and smooth, My pool is an inground 20000 gallon capacity.

This is not a fault necessarily. The spa is higher than the pool. The spa back feeds through a pipe somewhere to the pool when it stops. This may have been a design feature at the time.

Return to “Swimming Pool Leaks”