Indoor pool with water loss

Leaks in the pool, plumbing, filtration system, skimmer, ...
Finding & repairing swimming pool leaks.
teamwireless
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Indoor pool and hot tub. Both have Aquamatic covers on them. Both are fully tiled surfaces with 1*1 glass tile. Pentair pumps and equipment. Heat exchangers for heat off boiler. Desert Air HVAC and in-floor heat in pool area. Pool is about 24000 and hot tub is 2500.

Indoor pool with water loss

Postby teamwireless » Wed 16 Mar, 2022 05:11

Hello there from Upper Michigan!

I have recently built an indoor pool area with a hot tub. The pool is 20*40 and about 24000 gallons. I have an aquamatic pool cover on both of them. I keep the pool water at 89 degrees and the pool runs 24/7. I seem to lose about 1/8" water daily even if no one goes in pool and cover is on the pool. I checked every pipe and we cannot find a leak anywhere. I am wondering if anyone has this type of setup and what they experience? Wondering if the temp I am keeping the pool is too warm and I am getting some water loss through some engineering calculation that I have no clue about. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have spent a ton of time trying to figure this out. Thanks much.

Cheers!

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Indoor pool with water loss

Postby Denniswiseman » Wed 16 Mar, 2022 11:43

Plug all the water inlets and outlets in the pool and see if you still have the water loss
Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: Indoor pool with water loss

Postby Teapot1 » Sat 19 Mar, 2022 07:21

Time for a bucket test? Place a bucket of water in the pool, mark the water level and check to see if that evaporation matches the pool.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.

Return to “Swimming Pool Leaks”