pool leak but no ordinary leak -can anyone explain?

Leaks in the pool, plumbing, filtration system, skimmer, ...
Finding & repairing swimming pool leaks.
fred22
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 12 x 6 meters outdoor

pool leak but no ordinary leak -can anyone explain?

Postby fred22 » Tue 19 Apr, 2022 13:13

Pool has leaked since new liner was fitted. With plugs in the all inlets and outlets, the pool still leaks. So it's the liner? However, wherever the leak is, some findings don't make sense. The rate of loss can be variable (not variable evaporation, bucket test always done in parallel). Net loss can be over a cm per day. When pool filled to the top and allowed to settle, the final water depth is variable. About 1m drop in first test. About 40cm is second test, then stabilising (except for evap. of course). How can you get different rates of loss and different heights at the stopping point at different times?

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: pool leak but no ordinary leak -can anyone explain?

Postby Denniswiseman » Wed 20 Apr, 2022 01:53

Get the person who installed the liner to sort it out
Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: pool leak but no ordinary leak -can anyone explain?

Postby Teapot1 » Wed 20 Apr, 2022 07:50

Seconded,
With liner pools full of water the liner is stretched so can leak quite a bit. As they empty the hole closes as the liner is not as stretched and often will close completely but not necessarily at the level of the leak.
Don't know where you are located but find someone with an Anderson Leak Trac, they should locate the exact leak in minutes.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.

Return to “Swimming Pool Leaks”