water in pool

Leaks in the pool, plumbing, filtration system, skimmer, ...
Finding & repairing swimming pool leaks.
ajh
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 16x38 in-ground concrete pool

water in pool

Postby ajh » Mon 04 Jul, 2022 19:42

we are having someone build us an inground pool and have a problem with water leaking into the pool. They are telling us water is trapped in the footer.. Is that even possible? They drilled small holes in the pool thinking that was going to solve the issue and the pool leaking would dry up an we could move forward with apoxy and eco finish.

Any thoughts

Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: water in pool

Postby Teapot1 » Tue 05 Jul, 2022 15:48

1st thought is not actually being there to inspect its always tricky but I dont believe them.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Wed 06 Jul, 2022 01:33

Seems like ground water is leaking in, once the pool is waterproofed and filled it won't be an issue
A sump pit dug deeper than the pool and pumped out 24/7 will allow work to progress
Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby Teapot1 » Wed 06 Jul, 2022 07:39

I wish I had your confidence Dennis, the penetrating moisture would surely lift any coating, epoxy paint is bad enough on a good surface and an expensive eco finish??
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Wed 06 Jul, 2022 09:40

Teapot1 wrote:I wish I had your confidence Dennis, the penetrating moisture would surely lift any coating, epoxy paint is bad enough on a good surface and an expensive eco finish??

I wasn't commenting on the finish just the fact how it could be worked on without water flooding in
Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby Teapot1 » Wed 06 Jul, 2022 10:33

I see. I looked to the bigger picture, bad enough if there were a liner going in but a surface finish. I turned down building a pool in an area with a high water table and seasonal flooding.

Return to “Swimming Pool Leaks”