Does Pebble Sheen Leak?

Leaks in the pool, plumbing, filtration system, skimmer, ...
Finding & repairing swimming pool leaks.
PubBuddy

Does Pebble Sheen Leak?

Postby PubBuddy » Sun 29 Jul, 2007 00:29

Have you ever heard of this? Would it be equipment problems or???

I just had my in ground pool and spa built in our back yard 7 months ago. Everything has worked fine until recently I noticed the spa would drain overnight. I'm wondering if there is a cracked pipe but no sign of any water in landscape. We had pebble sheen installed, does this leak? Is it possible one of the actuators went bad? When the spa drains, the pool doesn't raise so the water from the spa has to be going somewhere else? I would think it's the plumber's problem but...

Any thoughts???

Angels2002

Does Pebble Sheen Leak?

Postby Angels2002 » Thu 20 Aug, 2009 18:00

I heard the pebble sheen can crack when going from one temp extreme to another. Thermal cracks develope in the material and have started becoming more of a problem. do you know what procedure was used to apply 2 coats 1 coat ?. I am not a pro at this but This is something I have heard. Good luck
geeman
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Does Pebble Sheen Leak?

Postby geeman » Fri 21 Aug, 2009 06:23

This has nothing to do with your plaster- A shell alone will hold water regardless of the type of plaster. Look for a stuck or broken check valve. The amount of water leaving the spa and entering the pool is so small that it may not be noticeable. Do you find yourself adding water to the pool often? Or, once everything is running, do the levels seem to be ok?

Return to “Swimming Pool Leaks”