Need help with a pool bottom surface!

Tile, mosaic, marbelite, Marcite, Marblesheen,
fiberglass, plaster, shotcrete, paint, epoxy coatings.
Use, care and repair of the various surfaces.
eugchen
I'm new here
I'm new here

Need help with a pool bottom surface!

Postby eugchen » Fri 04 Feb, 2022 00:17

My family and i recently purchased a house with a pool that needs some work. ive heard alot of opinions from people but curious what your thoughts were. we have two main issues...By the way, im new to pools and want to do my own cleaning of it once i get settled in.

but anyways...im having an issue with the pool ground surface for the pool and spa.

1. for some reason, they didnt finish the spa surface (its rough to touch). so i assume the only option is to either replaster it or put tile on it. i assume tile is cheaper. any idea what an average price to take care of this is? the spa is 7'9" x 5'10".

2. on the main pool, the plaster color has faded and is splotchy. the color of the plaster is a darker gray as you can see from the photos. ive heard i have three options here.

a. acid wash to get stains out
b. replaster with plaster (lighter colors better than darker colors for fading and splotchiness
c. use a pebbletech.

we are trying to save some money right now and are interested in acid wash. but do you think it will work? some people people we get bids from say yes, some say no. would love to hear your opinion. thanks. the pool perimeter is around 95-100 ft. if acid wash wont work, what is a decent price to replaster with white plaster?

thank you

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/pdcn6h8s/thumbnail.png[img]

Return to “Pool Surface Discussions”