Mini pebbles one bag, two, or three?

Tile, mosaic, marbelite, Marcite, Marblesheen,
fiberglass, plaster, shotcrete, paint, epoxy coatings.
Use, care and repair of the various surfaces.
gregcharles
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Small kidney shaped pool.

Mini pebbles one bag, two, or three?

Postby gregcharles » Sun 03 Apr, 2022 14:45

I'm looking at getting my pool resurfaced with Stonescapes mini pebbles. The samples have some labeled "one bag", some three bag, and many aren't labeled with bag count at all. I can't find any discussions or reviews that say anything at all about pros and cons of different bag counts. The "three bag" samples seems a little smoother to me and less abrasive to rub against, but it's sort of hard to tell from a coaster-sized sample. Smoothness is a key factor for me. Any advice?

Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: Mini pebbles one bag, two, or three?

Postby Teapot1 » Mon 04 Apr, 2022 00:46

Smoother, easier to keep clean, less grout area but still harder work than other finishes and be prepared for patchy looking finish after a while.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.
gregcharles
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Small kidney shaped pool.

Re: Mini pebbles one bag, two, or three?

Postby gregcharles » Thu 07 Apr, 2022 14:00

Weird, I thought I had already replied to this. You're saying that "three bags" mini pebbles will be smoother than "one bag", right? That's good, but I don't want it to be hard work or patchy. Which other finishes are better? Do you mean just plaster, or a different brand of pebbles?

Return to “Pool Surface Discussions”