Stone Scape color mottled/streaked

Tile, mosaic, marbelite, Marcite, Marblesheen,
fiberglass, plaster, shotcrete, paint, epoxy coatings.
Use, care and repair of the various surfaces.
lamia1
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 12 x 35'

Stone Scape color mottled/streaked

Postby lamia1 » Thu 05 Jan, 2023 16:39

I really need expert advice here, not opinions from other pool owners unless you have had the same issue. The finish looked very mottled with areas of lite and dark after months, with the builder claiming that's what it's supposed to look like, he eventually came out and re-acid washed it himself, not really a professional job in my opinion. The result is the finish is actually much worse than before with larger streaks of dark areas running across the bottom. I would also note that, after he left the pool refilling, the water was very dark and in my opinion, he didn't rinse out the acid when he was done. He claims it is our water supply (nothing in our sinks/toilets etc, just the pool water so that's obviously ridiculous). I've attached photos of the water and the finish. Finally, many of the self cleaning heads are no longer rotating, which the contractor claims is because we didn't clean the filter often enough (the pool is covered 95% of the time and only used by 2 adults) which isn't true.
1. Why is the finish worse now and will additional acid washing help or can that be damaging the finish?
2. Could the original issue be improper mixing of the material? Stone Scape/NPT is worthless as far as a warranty, so no possible help from them.
3. What else could have caused the filling pool water to appear this dark if not for him not rinsing it out properly?
4. Anyone think the acid washing caused the cleaning jets to get stuck?
Attachments
North end.jpg
dirty-waterjpg.jpg
detail.jpg

Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: Stone Scape color mottled/streaked

Postby Teapot1 » Sat 07 Jan, 2023 08:19

My advice is to try and contact Kim Skinner, an expert on pool plaster and issues.
http://www.poolhelp.com/home/about/kim-skinner/
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.
lamia1
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 12 x 35'

Re: Stone Scape color mottled/streaked

Postby lamia1 » Sun 08 Jan, 2023 14:22

I appreciate the info, but I'm looking for free advice. If I needed an expert witness, I guess he could be of value.

Return to “Pool Surface Discussions”