Booster Pump question

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
Betviper
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Decent sized playroom. Pentair Intelliflo pump, all other equipment is Pentair.

Booster Pump question

Postby Betviper » Sun 04 Apr, 2021 15:01

I am down here in Texas where a bunch of us had a hard freeze. I ended up having to replace my filter cover and my pump (ouch). Everything was working great until 2 days ago my Booster Pump won't work. It kicks on and just hums for about 10 seconds then shuts off. I pulled the plastic piece off to see of the shaft is turning when the pump kicks on but it's not. I can manually turn the shift with very little effort. Would you think the pump motor is locked up? This pool is about 1.5 years old so all of the equipment is still fairly new. I'm going to contact the pool builder tomorrow to see how long the warranty is on this thing. Just curious what others think or know. Thanks for any input.

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Booster Pump question

Postby Denniswiseman » Mon 05 Apr, 2021 02:02

If you can turn the shaft easily then it isn't locked up
Try replacing the capacitor
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Tue 06 Apr, 2021 15:27

Seconded but some call it a condenser.
Betviper
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Decent sized playroom. Pentair Intelliflo pump, all other equipment is Pentair.

Postby Betviper » Fri 09 Apr, 2021 18:24

Well the pool company came out and ended up replacing the whole booster pump. Gotta love a warranty. Just figured a pump that simple would last longer than 1.5 years. Thanks for the input! Much appreciated.

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”