Intelliflow vs others?

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
dmc123
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: 15K GAL 12'x26'
Wisperflow with DE and Pentair IC 40

Intelliflow vs others?

Postby dmc123 » Tue 17 May, 2011 15:18

Does anyone have any advice on pump brands. My utility company is rebating 1000 dollars for new pumps and I was thinking to get the new Intelliflow variable speed. I can get it for 1200 plis install and thats a bargin right?
Just looking for opinions.

Gullible

Intelliflow vs others?

Postby Gullible » Tue 17 May, 2011 16:40

You are a riot!
1200 bucks for a pump for the kiddie pool?
dmc123
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: 15K GAL 12'x26'
Wisperflow with DE and Pentair IC 40

Intelliflow vs others?

Postby dmc123 » Tue 21 Jun, 2011 19:10

Gullible? I didnt understand your last comment. Please clearify
TSH Tech

Intelliflow vs others?

Postby TSH Tech » Sat 25 Jun, 2011 01:45

"Gullible" is not aware of the electricity bill savings in a years time with a variable speed. 1200 is allot to swallow initially, but you'll recoup that in electricity costs in a year easy. You'll notice your electricity bill go down by a significant amount.

1200 for pump installed? Yes, that's a good deal, but is it going to work for your pool application(s)?

Keep in mind; if you are replacing a single speed pool pump with a variable speed Pentair, and have a single speed pump timer box, your install is not going to be exactly plug and play simple.

If you have a basic no frills pool, no spa, pump and filter setup only, the Pentair VF is the right choice. The VF pump has nice built-in timer, however it won't control anything else by itself(spa, automatic cleaner pumps, automatic valves). The VF is best for the most basic of setups(in my opinion) Pool, pump and filter. 1200 installed?, heck ya! let them have at it.

However, if your pool has an attached spa, automated valves, solars, booster cleaner pump, heater and other fun features, the Pentair VF isn't going to work out for your pool unless you have a controller. The most affordable option is the Intermatic Wireless 5-circuit Pool/Spa Control system PE653RC which fully accesses Pentairs VS/VF pump features. This will allow you to program your pump to use different speeds for different occasions in addition to controlling other pool features.
If whoever is doing the install insists that you buy Pentair Intellitouch/Mobile or it won't work or some other line of BS, tell them no, the Intermatic PE653RC will work. (that blasted Intellitouch and mobile costs $$$$, especially when you're trying to save some money)

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”